Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Is Rodney Hilton Potts legitimtate or is it a scam,and how

Is Rodney Hilton Potts legitimtate or is it a scam,and how can I check any legal firm
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you asking if Rodney Hilton Potts is a regulated firm of solicitors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Hi no it is not regulated by the law society at all. They are a legitimate company offering legal services and Rodney Hilton Potts is a former solicitor who was struck off and served a prison sentence a number of years ago for fraud. If you want to find a solicitor to assist you who is regulated by the law society you can visit this page http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ and search under the practice area you are looking for. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would you consider it ok to deal with them
It depends on your attitude to risk to be honest. They claim to be cheaper than regulated solicitors on their website so you may pay less but will have less protection in the event that things go wrong. Personally I would get quotes from regulated firms and would be more inclined to go with firms that are covered with law society minimum indemnity insurance in case things go wrong ( which they can from time to time). I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if there is anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long has he been trading in his current format
According to his website since 1999 so 16 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess if it comes to needing a registered solicitor he has access to them
No he accesses barristers not solicitors. He does not have dealings with solicitors as he is not acting as a firm of solicitors. It is obviously up to you what to do but if you have a legal matter to deal with I would suggest getting quotations from regulated firms before opting to go down the route. If you google you will see some fairly interesting reviews.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant he could pass you on to another firm of solicitors.Also why barristers,they sound expensive.
I don't know why he uses barristers. They would not be in the business of passing you on to other solicitors. Can I ask what the issue is that you need legal advice for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been requested to attend a DWP compliance meeting.Not Interview under caution by the way
Well I would suggest you call round a number of firms to get quotations. If you are interested in using Rodney Hilton in spite of the fact they are not a firm of solicitors then you can also ask them for a quote. Once you have know the costings then you will be better placed to make a decision. If you have reservations about using Rodney Hilton Potts then you can phone to ask them specific questions about how they operate. If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok,thanks very much
No problem all the best with it.