LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

We own a flat which we rent out.Our property management has

Customer Question

We own a flat which we rent out.Our property management has recently billed us for fee payment which is double the usual one.
They have been unavailable by phone,have ignored an email from us and also not answered an email from our accountants.
Today they contacted us,asking for another,slightly reduced amount,and said we are now in arrears.
How can we sort this out?They are clearly asking for the wrong amount of money(as verified by our accountant)but refuse to acknowledge any communications.
Lindsay Spring
John Spring
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If your contract is clear about how much you should pay then pay the correct amount and email them telling them you have paid the correct amount refer them to the basis of your payment level.
Tell them if they continue to bother you in this incompetent way you will sack them and replace them with a different agent.