12826847

Have just been to court and pleaded guilty to a speeding

Customer Question

Hi have just been to court and pleaded guilty to a speeding offence which will now take me up to 12 points on the totting system, so am facing a ban, however I asked for lenience as it would cause exceptional hardship, and they stopped the proceedings handed back my licence and have given me a new date on the 29th of December as they didn't have enough time to go in to it properly. I am a self employed courier no money for legal assistance. I just need advice on how to put together a case so I can keep my licence thus pay my bills inc mortgage so as not to cause hardship to my Family
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What impact would it have upon you if you were banned?
I'm just off out for about an hour but I'll be back later so don't panic if I don't come back immediately.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am self employed I have a mortgage etc without it I cant make a living
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the delay.
Why cant you work by public transport?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a self employed courier and cover around 80k miles per anum
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can I ring you on Monday Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, Ok.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Joe
I am a self employed courier I have been to court pleaded guilty and am now trying to keep my licence under the term Extreme Financial Hardship this is where I am at moment!
Caveat!
I need to explain to the court how without my Licence I am unable to make a living, but also, I need to show the affect that it will have on other people around me, in terms of the affect this would have on Family members my Clients and their business!Overview!
As far as BPEL / HSP is that I have been your courier for 10 years in that time I have enabled your company to expand by being a team player who has taken on your High value customer and High value suppliers and made sure through a personnel approach that all your requirements have been met, and in the process have created a relationship with yourselves but also suppliers as well. thus enabling yourselves to concentrate on your Business in Precision Engineering!
If you were to loose me, as a courier, even for a month it would have an impact on your business as I am now an integral part it, and could potentially have far reaching consequences.This a brief overview my Statement
Hopefully your Right Honourable will allow me to keep my licence, thus permitting me to carry on with my livelihood and not cause me any Exceptional Financial Hardship.
I am here today because of the points Totter system and will have reached the limit of 12 points with this offence, I therefore wish to say I am deeply sorry and ashamed for the offence, I consider myself a careful driver doing my best to adhere to our Traffic laws, I cover over 80K miles a year and I suppose under the law of averages I am going to make mistakes and miss read signs etc!
If I were to lose my Licence even for a Month it would cause Severe Exceptional Financial Hardship, as I have my own Client List and wouldn’t be in a position to cover the work, but more importantly if I were to find someone to do the work for me there is no profit in the work unless I carry out the work myself.
The affect on my Family would be devastating as I would not be able to keep up repayments on my Home, Vehicle or assist my 20 Year old son Financially through University!
My clients without doubt would go elsewhere, thus taking me even longer to re-cover!
It’s taken over 10 years to get a good reputation in this very demanding and cost driven industry I therefore plead to your Right Honourable for lenience!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also do I have to hand my Licence over to the Clerk at the beginning of the proceeding or is it enough to just prove I have my licence with me and willing to hand it over at the end of the proceedings?
I look forward to your response Regards Roger
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Ok.
What is your question about this ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cant talk at moment as my son is arroun an don't want him to know
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Okay.
When ever you can