Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

When my daughter was with a previous partner she was the name

Customer Question

When my daughter was with a previous partner she was the name on a car loan but the partner paid from his bank account (the car was his). They parted over 2 years ago but there is defaults on the loan showing up in her credit rating. She has had no notification from the bank involved, but it is affecting her for a mortgage etc. She has no idea how much if anything is left to pay on loan. The last default was in 2014.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
Has she attempted to contact either her ex-partner or the loan provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No contact details for ex-partner. She has a reference no for the loan and is phoning them tomorrow.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. As she is named on the car loan they would be able to disclose these details to her which will hopefully clear up the matter and she can decide how to proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.