12826847

I spoke to a Pc today about me coming in voluntary interview

Customer Question

I spoke to a Pc today about me coming in for a voluntary interview relating to malicious communications. An allegation has been made against me by a woman I once worked with. This offence was meant to have happened 4 months ago. I can assure everyone I sent no communication to anyone. I had left that employer and was glad to leave...It appears to me the communication was sent anonymously, and definitely NOT by me, as I didn't send anything to anyone, so I can only assume it was sent anonymously.
Surely if they had evidence I did something wrong, they would have arrested me? I did not send any malicious communication to anyone. I am under distress and I am really sad someone would accuse me of this. Tanya.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi My question was posted already
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I spoke to a Pc today about me coming in for a voluntary interview relating to malicious communications. An allegation has been made against me by a woman I once worked with. This offence was meant to have happened 4 months ago. I can assure everyone I sent no communication to anyone. I had left that employer and was glad to leave...It appears to me the communication was sent anonymously, and definitely NOT by me, as I didn't send anything to anyone, so I can only assume it was sent anonymously. Surely if they had evidence I did something wrong, they would have arrested me? I did not send any malicious communication to anyone. I am under distress and I am really sad someone would accuse me of this. Tanya.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am going to speak to the PC tomorrow morning
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I am asking is why are they calling me in now for something they claim happened 4 months ago? why now?
Also, don't they need actual evidence I sent a malicious communication to alarm me like this?
They have destroyed what should be a happy few days leading to Christmas.
If they don't have actual evidence I did something, why call me in? I don't get this.
I just need a few tips on how to handle tomorrow please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Well, obviously I will have no way of knowing their intentions.But I would imagine that is just because the allegation has been made late and they didn't give it priority because it is not a high priority offence.They do have evidence. She has made an allegation against you.If you didn't commit the offence and the tracing is not going to lead back to you then probably you should be answering questions in interview.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi - so is evidence, the allegation made? As I don't know what other evidence they could have when I know, I did nothing wrong.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She was saying to me that another police officer was given the case 4 months ago, and the person got sick, or left, cant remember her actual words...and she, this PC that called me only got the files 2 days ago...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, the allegation is evidence.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see, now I understand. Thank you. If you are still online, is there anything I should bear in mind tomorrow morning? and not say or say?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Just make sure you have the solicitor the police offer. There are exceptions but generally speaking if you have an innocent account you should be answering questions in interview