12826847

The statement on the internet gov site says my mother is entitled

Customer Question

The statement on the internet gov site says my mother is entitled £23,250 saving for her self. The social services are saying that they can take £1 per month for every £250 over £14,250. She is currently in a care home and Government have taken every penny from her for care bills. Now there chipping away at her savings.
In my management course law book it looks like this is misrepresentation statement.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear if the website was wrong and she wasnt entitled to the benefit because of the saving, would the position be any different that is found now?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your question.Which web site are you referring to as I cannot find one that doe not make it clear that it is only when the savings drop below £14,250 that ALL costs will be covered?Clare