Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My name is ***** ***** rahul. i am a bangladeshi citizen due

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** rahul. i am a bangladeshi citizen due to some unavoidable political circumstances i had to flee from my country to malaysia. now i want a political assylum for UK. am i eligible for that ?
regards ***** ***** Rahul
Expert:  Alice H replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Is there any reason why you can't claim asylum in Malaysia?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanx for response actually i want to study law at england to get a bar at law degree. so i think i need to seek asylum in uk would be best for me. if you can help me please do something.
Expert:  Alice H replied 11 months ago.
OK can I check that you are saying you want to come to England to study.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok i prefer writing the case is that my Father ex district judge bangladesh had acquitted opposition party(Bangladesh Nationalist Party) leader or ex prime ministers son on a money laundering case. and, this present gov falsely spread that my father has taken huge bribe from the Bangladesh nationalist Party in electric and print media and reports huge false corruption report on our family in the news paper and tv media . so we had to flee from my country in this circumstance can I get a political asylum in UK .
Expert:  Alice H replied 11 months ago.
Thanks I understand all that. The question the UK immigration will ask is why didn't you claim asylum in Malaysia?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i told you i want a uk degree to be a barrister
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you help me on that cuz i finished my higher secondry in 2005 so can i get admission and get asylum
Expert:  Alice H replied 11 months ago.
OK. You can't claim asylum if the purpose of your visit is to study - you will have to apply for a study visa. You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:have been offered a place on a coursecan speak, read, write and understand Englishhave enough money to support yourself and and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstancesare from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerlandmeet the other eligibility requirementsWhen to applyYou can apply from 3 months before the start of your course. You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check visa processing times for your country. FeesIt costs £322 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.You must pay £322 per person for any dependants.You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.How long you can stayYou can arrive in the UK before your course starts:up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or lessup to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 monthsHow long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.What you can and can’t doYou can:studywork as a student union sabbatical officerapply from inside or outside the UK apply to extend your staywork - depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have You can’t:get public fundswork as a professional sportsperson, including a sports coach study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school) You may be able to bring in family members (dependants).