12826847

Please help me.. I gave a friend of a friend £8,345 because

Customer Question

Hi please help me.. I gave a friend of a friend £8,345 because he said that he can help me get a mortgage. And he just took my money and done a runner. I am very desperate I'm going to homeless for Christmas and I have a one year old baby girl and my fiance is 8months pregnant. I just want to house my family. Now I have no money to even pay for a deposit to rent as I gave every last penny I worked hard and slaved for over the years. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to get my money back?? I recorded every conversation and every message made between me and this guy with the hope that some day I can use it as leverage. Please I'm begging you tell me what to do???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you can sue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well yes that and do I stand a chance getting my money back do you think?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does he have any money?Do you know where he is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does have money yes. Hes a car dealer, and he has a business in Morocco.I know he has a big house in central london but i dont actually know his address but i can probably find out from our mutural friend.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could also use a tracing agent to find him. That is not very expensive to achieve.This is a sum under the £10k limit. That will mean you can claim at the small claims court.I would send him a letter before action first though. Just say no more than that you believe he owes X amount. You would like it paid within 28 days and in default you will sue.If he does not pay then sue him here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk I think overall that it is not likely that a court would accept that this was a gift given the amount and your relationship so it would be worth suing.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi me again, Is there anything I can do to speed up the process rather than waiting for 28 days? I am like really desperate :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Applied for a loan and got declined :( sorry to be a pain
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume you haven't given them any notice hitherto?
I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.