13262538

I have enduring power of attorney mum's affairs and

Customer Question

I have enduring power of attorney for my mum's affairs and have hurt sold her house. What can I do with the money?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstI am not sure I understand your question - what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mum is in a care home and is funding this out of her pensions. The proceeds from the sale are not needed for her care costs and I want to know if the money could be gifted to members of her family I.e. Grandchildren?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No i am afraid that is not possible.
As her attorney you can only deal with the money in ways that benefit your mother - do giving the money to her grandchildren - other than as usual birthday and christmas gifts is not possible.
Please ask if you need further details