Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have some debts which I am paying off from my pension. I

Customer Question

I have some debts which I am paying off from my pension. I own nothing but have been asked to marry by a man who ons his own house. If I get married will my debts transfer to his house. If we marry and he dies first will my creditors put a charge on the house ? If we can marry we plan to leaved the house eventually to our respective to sons - can he do this without leaving the property to me if he dies first and I stay in the house as a gtenant ? Apologies this is a bit convoluted.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You are responsible for your own debts, your future husbands assets will not be affected by your debts unless he gives you the house, I.e actually transfers it into your name. If the house just remains in his name and he paid for it entirely, then your creditor cannot enforcement your debts against his assets. Kind regards AJ