Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am letting a property at the moment but would like to sell

Customer Question

I am letting a property at the moment but would like to sell it. Can I legally ask my client to leave before the sale takes place.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If it is an assured shorthold tenancy you will need to go through the formal eviction process - by giving them notice to quit (Section 21 Notice) which is a minimum 2 months' notice to vacate and submit an application to court for an accelerated possession procedure which can be done online here : https://www.gov.uk/accelerated-possession-eviction
The court proceedings will commence once the 2 months notice has expired but you can submit the application once the tenants have been served with the notice.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.