How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2785
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

The Police have just called today (20.12.15) stating that I

Customer Question

The Police have just called today (20.12.15) stating that I allegedly assaulted a person on the 7th or 9th October and have asked me to attend Harrogate Police Station on the 9th January 2016. Do you advise me to take a solicitor? Is there any time scales concerning charges?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Yes, you should contact a local criminal solicitor (you can search here: and request that they attend with you as the police will be questioning you as a suspect. The police will interview you and decide whether to bail you pending further investigations or charge you.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Talk to this firm If this is a common assault then the time limit is 6 months from the date of the offence. If it is a sexaul assault then there is no time limit. The fact they are prepared to wait until after Christmas doesn't indicate that it is a sexual assault though as obviously they have lots of time. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.

Related Law Questions