12826847

Our lodger has been really hard to live with, very aggressive

Hello, our lodger has been really hard to live with, very aggressive and difficult,and her notice of 28 days expires in six days. Tonight she refused to return the labrador we are caring for for a few days for a neighbour, locking herself in her room with the dog (she's been doing this for a few days despite our asking her not to) and now she's left the property with the dog to walk it, without our permission and having pushed me around to get past me and take the dog off the property. We've called the police, and hopefully they are out looking for her as her owner is here to collect her dog. Do I have to admit the lodger back to the property for the last six days of her notice? She is £700 in arrears.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but you do. Bad lodger or not, she is entitled to notice. Notice means you cannot force her to leave.
The only hope you have is that the police will arrest her for something or another and refuse to bail her to that address which might happen.
If it does not though, she is entitled to be allowed in until her notice ends.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you that's fine. I had hoped this incident was sufficiently unreasonable it would constitute grounds. I very much appreciate this advice was free. Am I now able to cancel payment being taken from my card or do I pay for this one piece of advice?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This is a paying site.
You can email customer services to stop yourself being placed upon a subscription.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** rated your response excellent, will recommend your service. We've managed to calm the situation down and the dog is being returned, the lodger has her six further nights here, plus up to two more because of the bank holidays.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please provide me with the email address of customer services, as I cannot find it on the site. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It isn't worth taking any risks for six nights.
***@******.***