12826847

I have been charge with criminal damage - my neighbor

Customer Question

hi - I have been charge with criminal damage - my neighbor fed a cable from the inside of his garage, through an air grate onto my land. I was concerned that this cable was live. I carefully pushed the cable back. The wall of the garage is the boundary. Next day it reappeared , I pushed it back. The next day I came home to see the wire wrapped around and tied tightly, with a plastic tie. On there was a sign saying LEAVE ALONE. I couldn't pass it back so I cut the wire and threw it over the fence with a note saying 'stop trespassing on my land' He must have entered my property to fasten on the sign. Do I have any defense - in particular the lawful excuse defense. I was genuinely frightened that the wire would become live!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you in the UK? I notice the incorrect spelling of neighbour. If you are in the States then I can move this to another category for you but I won't be able to help.