75100385

FOA Alex20/12/2015 03:49 Thank you response, am I

Customer Question

FOA Alex20/12/2015 03:49
Thank you for your response, am I allowed to quote this to her?
There is another issue with her if you can help again.Once I had retracted my offer of taking over my business I contracted her to work freelance @ £30 per working hour (by email) knowing that some nurseries stop for an hour for children lunches. She agreed and never questioned what a working hour was, she was free to leave the premises. She now argues that she was on site and on standby and were "enforced lunch breaks" so should be paid for non productive time.
I have not paid her invoice to date because of the copyright issues you have helped with and originally agreed to pay her own final invoice purely to draw a line under it once she had removed all images but did stress the reasons why I shouldn't. The difference was only around £150 and just wanted everything concluded at that stage.
I did request by email that she invoiced me weekly with hours worked but she did not for 6 weeks although verbally requested also. Can I now pay her the amount I reworked as her actual working hours. I would have stopped her working for me if the issue came up in weekly invoices.
Finally as a long shot can I also deduct the fees incurred here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If I could ask you to rate the other answer please as well, thanks!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, I appreciate it.
Yes you can pay her actual hours. In effect unless you guaranteed a certain amount of hours, you only need to pay for actual work done.
Can I clarify anything for you about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, does it not matter that I said I would pay her higher invoice to draw a line under everything originally.
Can I deduct any fees incurred from this site from her invoice. Please can you also confirm answers are for English law.
Fran
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is justanswer.co.uk - so law applies to England and Wales. Scots have their own system!
And yes you can deduct fees if that is a reasonable legal expense as a direct result of her actions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex, she was given very approx start and finish times based on previous visits to the nurseries. Will this make a difference?
Thanks, Fran
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No.