75100385

I found two separate listings on Ebay by the same seller

Hi, I found two separate listings on Ebay by the same seller and I contacted them to ask about the items and the contents. I spoke to the seller over the phone and she said that she was happy to do a deal outside ebay for both items for £4000.00. I said fine as long as it is over paypal (as you are still protected). I made payment over paypal however she refunded the payment because she said it would take 21 days to clear. Then she said that she would invoice me the items and provide her bank details for me to do a bank transfer. I did not think much of it and agreed to go ahead with this deal. I made the payment to her personal bank account based on her invoice and she sent the package. The problem is that in the package was some worthless junk and not the actual items I had paid for. Now she has switched off her phone and after many email she responded saying that she has done nothing wrong and that she has posted the correct items. Now I am stuck because I do not know what action to take. Obviously this is fraud and a crime but all I want to do is get my money back. So my question is what is the best procedure to follow to get my money back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have their address please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have their address, based on what is on the invoice but I am not certain that is the correct address?
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi this is my mobile number: ***********
Ok. I am just about to go into court, so can I call you after?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that's fine. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If possible please ensure that my number cannot be seen by the general public.
Yes that's fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know what time you will call.
Can I call you about lunch time? I don't know when I will get a next break?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure. I will expect a call from you at about 12pm.
Ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, if I visit their property in person and ask for my money back. Would there be any legal implications?
None whatsoever as long as you dont take a weapon or make threats!