13262538

An endowment policy started in 1987 in joint names A and . In

Customer Question

An endowment policy started in 1987 in joint names A and B.
In 1996 person A signed, and had witnessed, a formal deed of assignment, drawn up by a solicitor, assigning all interest in the policy to person B.
Person B to this day did not sign or witness, but has retained the original document.
Policy has now matured.
Can person A sign and witness now, and have the deed of assignment executed, in such a way that the company running the policy, and now holding the proceeds pending disbursement, will accept it as valid?
Thanks,
Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if you have my correct email address. It is***@******.***. Something a little flaky about the way your system accepted my Paypal remittance and then would not let me update the address...
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstFor clarity A has assigned all the interest in the policy to B - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare, hi,Yes, all the interest in the policy is assigned in the deed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ClareAre we still connected? Did you get my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I recommend this "just answer" business if on an online chat you won't (or perhaps can't) let me know that you are still connected??'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??? Ridiculous, surely, that you won't acknowledge me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
thank you for that.
What is the current problem with the Deed?
Claew
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - I have to aaswe rwuestions in order and each time you post it drops to the bottom of the list
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do send an email when you can. The question about the deed (in earlier post) is that although person A signed it in 1996, person B has not yet signed it. Is it still a valid document if person B signs it? Will it be honoured by the fund holder?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In fact it does not matter that B has not signed - the important signature is that of A as A is the one giving up an interest in the policy
Accordingly the Insurance Company should pay the proceeds of the Endowment to B without argument
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details