75100385

I have ordered 2 armchairs from a furniture retailer. They

I have ordered 2 armchairs from a furniture retailer. They will not be delivered until the end of January. I now don't want, them but the shop has a no cancellation policy and refuse to cancel. It was not pointed out that the policy was printed on the back of the order form which I signed. I have paid a £500 deposit. Is there any way that I can cancel in law?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Was this online or in store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In store
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does the contract give you a cooling off period? Did they tell you how long they were going to take? If not, did you ask?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract is also the invoice and doesn't have anything about cooling off rented on it. On the reverse side .. Terms of business at the bottom it heads Cancellations. We so not accept cancellations.
They did tel me it was going to be the end of Jan delivery, but I see on the invoice it states Feb 2016 in the delivery box.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you have just changed your mind now, is that it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The chairs are going to be too narrow for my visiting sons, but yes, there is no other reason other than changing my mind. I need to know if there is any consumer law that covered a straight forward cancellation of the order within a 14 day period. The answer was only for online orders. I did ask the consumer relations woman what happens if I just die before they arrive. No answer was given.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. The law you refer to only applies to goods ordered at a distance, ie online. If they were ordered in store unless it states in the contract there is NO cooling off period.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou it is what I thought the answer would be, but at least now I have asked the experts. My sons think I am impulsive and they are probably right, but now I say I have looked into it. Could you confirm that the PayPal payment of £38 will be the only payment and not a monthly one. The web page was not very clear on that.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I cancel the monthly subscription please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You are not on subscription from what I can see.
If I could invite you rate please, thanks!