31090051

As a Lanlord in Scotland Can I evict a tenant with immmediate

As a Lanlord in Scotland
Can I evict a tenant with immmediate effect due to numerous complaints from neighbours regarding infestation of rats from the inabilbity to dispose of rubbish in bags rather than utilising the plastic bins in use?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Is this a residential tenancy or a commercial tenancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Short Assured Tenancy
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. You have to give notice of your intention to raise proceedings in court for eviction by serving a notice to quit and a Form AT6 narrating ground 14 of Schedule 5 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. Your solicitor will prepare the documentation and court proceedings can be raised 14 days from the service of the AT6 Notice. Again your solicitor will prepare the relevant summons. Without experience I would not recommend doing this yourself as if you make a procedural mistake you would have to start all over again.
Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.