75100385

I run a small building firm in Woking, Surrey. We are currently

Customer Question

I run a small building firm in Woking, Surrey. We are currently building an extension that has taken 2 years to gain planning permission. We started pre-construction in July and the neighbour was approached regarding access in order to put up a scaffolding as required under heath and safety law. He has point blank refused our request and many letters have been sent between the neighbours. Certain surveyors and scaffolders have told me that it is within our rights to put up the scaffold, and we may be able to put up a suspended gantry type that will still overhang his boundary but not sit on his boundary. One surveyor has cited the Access to Neighbouring Land Act can be used a he has had plenty of warning and involvement with the planning. Is there anything we can do to force his hand? Would it be possible to threaten to sue the neighbour under the potential loss of earnings? something like £1000 per week?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear this is a new build as opposed to maintenance of an existing structure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new extension, so I think that would be a new build?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will call you.