13262538

I have a contact order with my children's father. Before the order was agreed

I have a contact order with my children's father. Before the order was agreed (only a few months ago) BOTH BOYS (AGE 5/7) attended swimming and play for a football team on a Sat. This was discussed in court and wasn't an issue. Not their father is saying he doesn't have to take them.
Should I apply for a specific issues order?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow important are these activities and what objection does your ex have to them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire, well l feel that swimming is a life skills (neither are good enough to be able to swim in a dangerous situation).Football isn't essential but my son wants to go (aged 7) and if he doesn't attend regularly he will be dropped from the team.My ex has been taking them to both activities but cancelled both at the last minute thus week and now says that it is his choice and will only take them if he wants to in furure
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
i am afraid that to an extent your ex is correct - this is his time with the children and he can decided what they do
If you make an applictaion to the court then given their ages the courts will be unlikely to support you in insisting that he takes them to either activity.
They certainly will not force him to take the children swimming since they can have lessons at other times.
You may have better luck with the football because of playing on the team - but the starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I could phone in about half an hour if that would be convenient?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 8pm would be good. Thank you