12826847

I apologise in advance random question. Three

Customer Question

I apologise in advance for the random question. Three years ago I purchased quite expensive hair extensions from a hair salon in London. They offered to keep them stored in their shop due to better care, humidity exposure etc.
Now, 3 years later, I have requested to use them again. The shop manager has just informed me they do not have them in store and could not find them. They also said that, after 1 year, they no longer can guarantee to keep them.
However, at no point was I informed (they have my email and phone number) that they were going to dispose of them.
Also, there is no stated policy informing of this 1 year period anywhere on their website.
The problem is, this was a verbal contract and not a written one. The person I cause is no longer there.
May I confirm what would be your recommended course of action?
Many thanks,
Ana
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What was the value of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Jo,
Around £500.
Regards,
Ana
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you any evidence of what was agreed? Even in reported form?