75100385

I went through a mortgage advisor to remortgage my property.

Hi I went through a mortgage advisor to remortgage my property. It commenced in June and took ages. I am now on sick leave from work and informed the advisor I no longer wanted to proceed. The mortgage papers came in the same post as the advisors invoice for payement. I did state in an email I would pay his bill. I just want to check whether I have to legally or not
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Legally or not what? Go through with the deal or pay his bill?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not up to a phone I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I informed the advisor on Monday 21st Dec I was not going to proceed with the mortgage but would pay his bill. I just wanted to know if I had as I haven't signed the mortgage offer and have no intention of doing so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had to pay his bill I meant
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a contract with the advisor about the work he/she is doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I aware of . He visited me at home I told him I wanted to remortgage and I understood that his fee would be paid once I accepted the Mortgage. We have communicated by email and phone since. It has been a bit disastrous. The mortgage company he identified took ages to send a surveyor out. Then he had misunderstood how much I wanted to borrow. I also wanted to take my ex husbands name of the mortgage and the mortgage companies solicitors have made a few cock ups along the way. I was under a lot of pressure at work and this just added to it. Hence I am on sick leave.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then until contracts are exchanged and the offer is accepted then you do not need to pay. Therefore you can delay payment until the process is complete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks that is very helpful. I am not going to take up the mortgage now and have informed him of that
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!