12826847

All I have a question regarding health and safety: Since

Customer Question

Hi all
I have a question regarding health and safety:
Since I joined my current company, I keep getting a cold every couple of weeks - more often than normal.
The air conditioner in our office seems to be turned up for most of the day, then suddenly the temperature drops, and it blows air colder by 2-3 degrees. I've raised this issue with HR, after I've been asked by I get off sick so often, however, they told me it is due to the fact that I am a smoker. Smoking does not cause fever, sore throat or a cold, and it has never happened in the past.
Is this a health and safety issue, and the employer is trying to cover their back by pushing it on me due to smoking?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you know what the temperature is and do others get adverse effects from this too?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Do you know what the temperature is and do others get adverse effects from this too?