75100385

I turned right out of Bagleys Lane when the lights changed

Customer Question

I turned right out of Bagleys Lane when the lights changed but I had to wait in the yellow box for the East flowing traffic on New Kings Road to move before I could complete my right turn. I was not impeding any traffic because that was held at a red light on the West flowing traffic. My understanding has always been that you can enter a yellow box and wait if you are turning right. Hammersmith & Fulham contest this. Could you please clarify the position re right turns into a yellow box. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are correct. The Highway Code at rule 174 says
Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road.You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####8888
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will call shortly