12826847

I married a Tunisia here in Tunisia. I fought the Home Office

Customer Question

I married a Tunisia here in Tunisia. I fought the Home Office and was granted the right for him to reside with me in the UK. During that time he did not pay anything towards household cost etc since arriving in the UK. He arrived with no luggage and my family had to pay for his airfare in order he could come here, which he has never made any attempt to pay this money back. The mortgage is not in my name, nor does his name appear on the deeds of my house. This is my name only. We have been separated for some time when I asked him to move out. He has just told me he has another woman and has been with her for two years without my knowledge. He told me this when I was just to go out into hospital for an operation. I have made a will adding a codicil as I do not wish him to benefit from any part of my will. I have two older boys from my previous marriage. He has constantly been borrowing money since he arrived in the UK. I do not wish to divorce at the present at I have my health to consider. Do do I have and legally with regard claiming anything from me through the Courts should he seek to divorce me? If I were to divorce at some stage I would intend to cite unreasonable behaviour in my petition. Could I ask for your advice please regarding how I stand legally given these facts?
Janet Bel Abed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long have you been married?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15th July 2000 in Sousse Tunisia
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long have you lived apart?How much is the property worth?what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have lived apart for a long time. Not sure exactly. Has not resided in my house nor stayed overnight. Just come over occasionally to help with decorating and gardening etc. Have not had my house valued but it is is in good decorative and I had planned to get this valued at some point.I am no income since and have to rely no on government benefits and pension money now. had a good job previously as a secretary but having to retire when suffering with a mini-stroke which resulted in health problems which I has now lead into me going into hospital to repair a leaking mitrial valve repair. With regard to my husband I was never aware of his earnings at all.. He works as a self-employed Translator but was only pleading poverty and tells me that he was not earning very much. I have never sen any paylips etc nor bank statements. Had never given any in the form of money since arriving in he UK. Has never contributed towards the mortgage payment nor any household bills. He seemed to have many debt problems and was always having problems with his bank.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Best guess on the value of the house How old are you both?