13262538

Please can you tell me how to get birth information from closed

Customer Question

Please can you tell me how to get birth information from closed adoption. Do you have to bring up a child? I suffer schizophrenia and have a two weekly injection. I see a social worker every two weeks and a community care officer every two weeks as well.
Anisha anwar
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details first.What makes you believe that you were adopted?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't look like my parents and I was told I was. I live in Huddersfield and non of my family look to be the same any more. I think I've had a few mums bring me up. We've lost a lot of pictures. Do you have to bring children up? I want to be on the weekly injection.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Have you seen your birth certificate?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't look like my parents and I was told I was. I live in Huddersfield and non of my family look to be the same any more. I think I've had a few mums bring me up. We've lost a lot of pictures. Do you have to bring children up? I want to be on the weekly injection. I've got a birth certificate its closed adoption not open so how do you get birth information?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
What does your birth certificate say at the top?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Where abouts

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Does it give the date of the Adoption
Does it look like this
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+does+an+adopted+persons+birth+certofocate+look+like+uk&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=922&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi99d6l0vDJAhUBSBoKHdRECE4Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=2dnJutrrGDHTuM%3A
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It's closed adoption so it wouldn't show that. Firstly it gives an NHS number and entry number. Then the registration district, administration area and sub district. Then number one is my date if birth and hospital. Then number two with my name, number 3 is gender. Then my parents details. Number 10 is the address we lived at then. Number 17 is blank its about not being able to substitute the christian forename of child given otherwise than in baptism.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
What do you mean when you say "closed adoption"?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

They withold the information from the child. I was born handicapped. I had to have an operation on my tongue so I could speak properly I couldn't have done education without that op. I was born with it. I'm presuming my biological parents had the same problem and hadn't done any education as well.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry but what you have is a Birth Certificate which shows that you are indeed the biological child of your parents.
Where a child is adopted in the Uk then a different type of Certificate is issued which lists the date of the Adoption Order
There are NO exceptions to this and it has been in place since the first Adoption Act in 1958.
It is true that many adoptive parents chose not to tell their child they are adopted and accordingly withhold the full birth certificate but since you have a proper birth certificate you are certainly not adopted.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

They can't withold a birth certificate from you. What they can do is hide the adoption in the birth certificate. I know your not allowed to tell me. I asked you how to get it opened up?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
I understand that you strongly believe that you were adopted but it is clear that you were not as you have the type of birth certificate which biological children have.
Where the child is subsequently adopted they are issued with a "birth certificate" which contains both the date of birth and the date of adoption and the names of the adoptive parents.
The "short style" birth certificate does not reveal the adoption but the full certificate does - and yours does not.
IF you had been adopted then at 18 you would have been able to ask to see your file and it would have been released to you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

But if your parents were handicapped and couldn't claim you, then what? What if they chose to seal the adoption for a while longer? My dna test results with the parents who keep me, the numbers didn't match up really. I see a social worker now.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
In those circumstances Social Services would take you into care and arrange an adoption that would show up on your Birth Certificate and as soon as you were 18 you could then access the file