Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My husband and I have been jointly serverd a county court claim.

My husband and I have been jointly serverd a county court claim. I have gone online to do an acknowledgement of service form for my husband, but the online system wont allow me to log in to file one for myself? The claim number for both my husband and my claim is exactly the same.
do i have to file a separate acknowledgement of service to my husbands one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We received 2 separate claim forms..... Each claim form has the exact same claim number at the top, and each claim form specifies 2 defendants, 1 being myself and the other is my husband. I submitted the online defence for my husband under the claim number, however the moneyclaim online system will not allow me to register and submit an acknowledgement of service for myself. The acknoledgement of service i did manage to submit for my husband, a copy of which i have printed off, states only 1 defendant name on it , being his name.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. A defence or acknowledgment of service must be lodged by each defendant named in the claim form - there may be a glitch in the system preventing you from doing this so you should download the forms and either fax or post them to the court within the time limit.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.