12826847

There, Is there a time limit to receive court notification

Hi There,
Is there a time limit to receive court notification after being charged with drink driving, I was charged in Oct this year, but have heard nothing more
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Six months from the date of the offence.
But if you were charged then you should have been given a court date to attend usually within about 10 days of the charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was my son that was charged, he was given a breathalyser at a spot check, he went to the police station, the breathalyser machine was not working properly, the sent for a doctor, he had a sample taken, and he was given one, the police told him they would be in touch, but since 20th of October he has heard nothing, can he legally still get a summons

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, he could.
They have six months to lay an information and they are still in time I'm afraid.