29905560

Is there a time limit in sending an employer a disciplinary

is there a time limit in sending an employer a disciplinary hearing minutes if theres is disputed
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday afternoon for deleting files and emails from the office system. I have accepted that i have done this from day one as I was tyding up my system as i have been made redundant as of 31 December 2015 and was going to do handover to the collegues during this week. I received minutes of the hearing yesterday mid morning to which I had replied saying there are discrepancies and the will receive mine in due course and will await for a response for them to be amended.I received an email saying they are dismissing me and I can appeal in seven days.After speaking to my brother and then realising that I should resend with amended wording which were: Please disregard my previous email which is copied below for your convenience.Please note I cannot agree to the minutes as the are not accurate record of what took place at the hearing.I have received reply: Thank you very much for your emails - I have noted them. The federation however is satisfied that the notes sent to you convey accurate representation of what took place at the meeting and as such it is not possible for me to comment further, given that you have not sent your own version as you said you would in your email yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know is there a time limit as to when these minutes are meant to be sent within as there are lots of conversation missing and it has ta***** *****er than expected for me to put them together.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. No there isn’t anything in law which deals with such time limits. Disciplinary hearings are subject to the ACAS Code of Conduct, which you can find via the link below and the employer’s own disciplinary procedure: http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/f/m/Acas-Code-of-Practice-1-on-disciplinary-and-grievance-procedures.pdf Unless the employer’s disciplinary policy deals with such specific time limits, then the ACAS Code does not mention it so there is nothing in law which would place a requirement on the employer to provide these minutes within a specific time limit after the meeting. There should be no unreasonable delay but that is not defined in any way so could be open to interpretation and is also not a formal requirement – just a general expectation. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any chance for you to help me in answering the email I have received this afternoon if I send an attachment of the same.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
it would be rather difficult to answer an email n a topic on which I have few details, so it would be best if you draft your own response and send it to me so I can then have a look and check it and if needed suggest amendments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JudyPlease disregard my previous email.I have received reply: Thank you very much for your emails - I have noted them. The federation however is satisfied that the notes sent to you convey accurate representation of what took place at the meeting and as such it is not possible for me to comment further, given that you have not sent your own version as you said you would in your email yesterday.I was hoping to respond with following: Thanks your your reply but please note having gone through the minutes you sent me I have notices there are quite a few points missing(essential) and therefore I cannot agree them.I wrote to you as soon as I noticed.I will send you my version of minutes in due course as I have to still finalise them.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I suggest you respond as follow: Thank you for your your reply but please note that having gone through the minutes you sent me I have noticed there are quite a few discrepancies and some essential information appears to have been omitted. As such I am not in a position to agree these minutes and wish to lodge my formal objection to their use. I am currently finalising the missing information and will send you my version of the minutes, with my amendments, in due course. I would request that you include this information in producing the final minutes of the hearing. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot.Are u in any position to help me with drafting an appeal for this disciplinary hearing in which they have dismissed me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
That would be a separate service as it would involve more work. Again, it would be best if you draft it and then let me go over it and suggest amendments. I can give you a quote if you wanted to do it, but I will need to know how long the letter is first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you guide me as to how I can come back to you for advice once I log off.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You can submit any new question just as you did with this one but start it with 'For Ben Jones' and it will get directed to me. In the meantime please kindly leave your rating for the service and answers so far as that is an important part of our process. Thanks
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'