75100385

People in Maryland and California have been publishing my private

Customer Question

People in Maryland and California have been publishing my private correspondence, identity and contact details, in online forums, Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook. They are using screen shots that were released via a hacker, as a basis to tell lies about me and to destroy my online reputation. I would like to know if I can do anything about this legally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there's legal action I can take, what is it and approximately what will it cost.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can but you would need to sue in California and not the UK as any Judgment here cant be enforced over there.
As such you can take legal action but the cost would be around $10,000 (£6500).
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/