12826847

I have just received a credit alert saying a CCJ for £300 was

Customer Question

I have just received a credit alert saying a CCJ for £300 was made against me on 18th Dec 2015 at a previous address I left 2 years ago I knew nothing about at The Northampton County Court judgement number was B3QZ3F8T but I cant find out what or who it is please can you help me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo, I would like to know who or what the county court judgement is please as my credit rating has gone from excellent to very poor in one fell swoop! I am very concerned about this so was wondering if you can help please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They have recently changed the methods they use to calculate credit rating so a lot of people are affected. But a CCJ would have an adverse impact.
Obviously though I will have no way of telling the details of this particular judgment.
I can tell you how to find out who the judgment is with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see above for the details of the judgement number and the amount of £300. What I am wanting to find out is who filed? I can only get the basic details but how do I find out where it came from so that I can verify whether it is kosher? How do I get it removed?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to tell you who the judgment is with. I don't have any more access to the court records than you do.
I can tell you how to try to remove it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you cannot help me??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what you want to know.
I will not be able to tell you who the judgment is with for the reasons above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do I do next? How to I find out further information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jo are you still there??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you paid for a check on credit expert then it should have revealed who the judgment was with. Experian certainly does and it gives you contact information for the creditor.
Alternatively Trustonline.com will tell you who has filed the judgment although there is a charge for that.
There isn't really much point in contacting the creditor anyway. You would need to know who it is to ascertain whether you owe the money or not but thereafter it is pointless.
You need to apply to the court to get it set aside if indeed you are confident that you don't owe the money and didn't receive the summons.
If that succeeds they can reissue but then you could defend it or pay it.