75100385

I accidentally took some chocolate bars from Heathrow. They

Customer Question

I accidentally took some chocolate bars from Heathrow. They are very cheap and won't add up to anything. If they realize the numbers don't add up will they go through CCTV for those chocolate bars ? The issue was I walked away because my phone vibrated, and I moved to somewhere where I got signal , by the time I had done that my phone stopped. As I look up from where I was stood, I saw my flight gates were closing so I immediately panicked. Ultimately I ended up walking away because I thought if I went and put it back then I would be taken in for questioning and I genuinely had no time. I ended up taking them and I don't know whether they will go through CCTV for those 4 chocolate bars. Should I admit to this when I fly back into heathrow or will it be made a bigger issue if I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No. Do not admit this when you get back as you could be charged with theft. I would not say anything unless you are stopped, but this is unlikely.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an international student. Will they revoke my student visa ? And do they review CCTV regularly, I mean it is Heathrow therefore they must be meticulous with these type of things. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. It would only be if you were convicted your visa renewal would be in issue. I dont work for Heathrow so dont know whether they review CCTV but unless they knew it was missing they wouldnt do anything. Some stock always gets lifted anyway and they build this into the price.
Does that helP?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.