75100385

If the CPS are wanting to prosecute domestic violence

Customer Question

If the CPS are wanting to prosecute for a domestic violence incident where no comment was given at interview and the victim does not want to prosecute what will happen ? Heavy drinking involved on both parties after a very stressful year.
Charged is released on bail to attend magistrates court, not allowed 100m from family home (no children), but is allowed to talk to victim and both are extremely worried and want it all over.
Will the CPS drop the charge / court ?
Victim has already told police she wants him home and not to prosecute, but they still gave conditions and court date. Charged entered no comments on interviews.
Does victim need to re-inform the police with no prosecution again ?
Does victim have to attend court or can she refuse ?
What will happen ?
We are both very distressed and need to address our alcohol consumption after this event.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is there a 999 call? Did the victim give a statement ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07964 188072 Steve I have accepted your offer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will call shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be away from computer with phone. Waiting your call thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex,I am not sure if this is part of the call I had with you.Found out it wasn't a 999 call, it was a 101 call and on the phone she was apologizing for calling as knew it was a mistake and realised the consequences, but too late as they kicked the ball into motion and sent the police. Not sure if this counts the same for CPS as 999 call or whether it was recorded or not. She was not transferred to a 999 call. I am trying to get a local solicitor, I assume this is the best thing to do ?Many thanks and sorry for contacting you again.Steve
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yea it is.