Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Domestic. CCTV// I live on an unadopted road off a main road.

Domestic. CCTV// I live on an unadopted road off a main road. There are a few houses on the road. Due to thefts and dog poo nuisance I have installed a single cctv camera which overlooks the entrance of my house and a small area of road leading upto. There is no off road parking. it Is this acceptable?It is a small road so the camera must point at the road to catch the culprits. Council is uninterested and I can't be troubling police for these matters . I have read the regulations around domestic cctv(or lack of the). I hope this will make my own house and the neighbourhood safer
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. There is nothing wrong with installing CCTV for the purpose of crime detection / prevention. So long as you are not pointing at somebody else's property for the purpose of filming them or for any other purpose you will not fall foul of the law. In short what you are doing is recording movements on and around your own private property which is not illegal. I hope this helps.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for clarifying . One of my neighbour complaints about almost everything and will no doubt make a complaint to someone somewhere. The camera does not look at anyones property but at my gates and a small area of public footpath adjacent to it to prevent crime and harassment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

excellent

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure - all the best :)