13262538

Good morning . I have a friend that has I cared years

Customer Question

Good morning . I have a friend that has I cared for 4 years and been with our friend for 2 . She isn't close to her brother who hasn't visited her in a decade and doesn't trust him . He has started coming to the care home she is in but only on the intentions of getting power of attorney over her. She doesn't want him visiting her and wants me to look after her financial affairs , keys to her home , her paperwork and property. She has no other relatives that are close to her and have never bothered to visit her while she lived at home with her husband.
What I want to know is if she or I can write a letter stating who she wants to have power of attorney over her affairs as stated above until it is legalised in her Will.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help youIf your friend wishes you to deal with her finances then she needs to instruct a solicitor to draw up a Lasting Power of Attorney - the letter will not assist I am afraidClare