13262538

I have met an amazing lady in sweden and we are now

Customer Question

hello! i have met an amazing lady in sweden and we are now in a comitted relationship. she lives in sweden seeking asylum as she had to leave morocco due to her family threatening her life and forcing an arranged marriage. she doeas not have residency in sweden she simply lives there with relatives who support her.
i wish to marry her. what are my options? can i fly to sweden and marry her? what are my options?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to wait! Thanks for getting in touch with me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long have you known each other and what is your annual income?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire, my annual income is £34,000 gross and we have know each other since August this year. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How often have you met in that time - and is she likely to be able to pass an English test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have met 4 times spending time in Sweden that is and her English is ok, I feel she would pass a basic test yes. I am teaching her also as we talk a lot on Skype and FaceTime and whatsapp
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
ExcellentFor clarity - she is legally in Sweden and free to get married there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, she is with family there as Sweden don't feel her reason for leaving Morocco is valid enough to grant her residency. So she stays with her brother Adam who is a Swedish national. Same father different mothers. Sorry this must sound like a nightmare solution and I'm too scratching my head to think of ways to help her. Naturally we want to be together and marry but the fact is she cannot go back to Morocco. She was battered black and blue by the man she was forced to marry. It's heartbreaking :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And to clarify she is no longer married to him. That's not an issue
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Can she get married in Sweden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I was hoping you could answer for me and thus I would fly there and marry her there :-)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Your young lady needs to attend her local Tax Office and start the paperworkhttp://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/London/Visit-Sweden/Getting-married-in-Sweden/You can then get married and apply for a spouse visa - details herehttps://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/documents-you-need-to-provideThe alternative is to apply for her to come as your fiancee and to get married here but my concern is that there may be some questions asked about the short nature of your relationship however it is an option if marriage in Sweden is not an optionPlease ask if you need further detailsClare