13262538

What is the legal position under uk divorce law when one of

Customer Question

what is the legal position under uk divorce law when one of the parties has very considerable interests in expectancy
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Inheritance as part of financial relief applications in divorce is generally not considered a matrimonial asset unless the inheritance has been brought into the matrimonial asset pool. Furthermore, unless the inheritance has been received, it is not considered an asset in any event.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In order to give a clear assessment of the position it would be helpful if you could explain a little more about the position - and which part of the UK is involved