75100385

I need your advise re: fast track court case. I am claimant in the case against mechan

Hi, I need your advise re: fast track court case. I am claimant in the case against mechanic. I send DQ + draft order for direction in November. A week ago I received a letter from the court that we need to attend 30 min hearing in April to clarify what the claim is for and the need of using an expert.(i'm not sure exactly because I have no letter/documents with me at the moment). 2 days ago I have received a letter from the defendant with "List of Disclosure as stipulated in Judge's Draft Order for Direction". I have never received Draft Order for directions from The court, is it possible that I have filled DQ wrongly?
I have emailed the court today to inform about the above but I am very concern about consequences due to failing to send documents on time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My case relates to overheated car after converting it not properly to LPG by the mechanic. In my DQ on page 3 re Experts I indicated that I have already sent some statements already. I sent 2 experts reports to the court and defendant (including manufacturer report on the ground of pictures) however I am in the process of obtaining another report from the manufacturer after diagnostic of the car and LPG installation. I also indicated, that a single expert opinion should be used and believed that I should wait for the Judge agreement to obtain the report, however I am now very confused and concerned that I should obtain the report ASAP.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Were directions given at the short hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hearing has not happened yet, it is going to be in April'15.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So to be clear there are no directions ordered by the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you also advise if I should ask the expert (manufacturer) to write a statement or should I wait for the Judge agreement to do so. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
To confirm there have been no directions from the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry...I have not received any court directions, but from the defendant's letter it looks like I should receive the judge's order for directions. The only letter I received from the court (after I filled DQ) is information about the hearing in April 2016.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok then its unlikely there have been any directions if there is a hearing. As such you dont need to do anything and just wait until April 2016. Only actual directions not draft directions need to be complied with. I would check with the Court on Tuesday.
But unless you have been ordered to file and serve a disclosure list then you dont need to.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer, hopefully I will be able to sleep well tonight :-)
Is it ok to come back to you on Tuesday if I need to?
Of course I will rate you today. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, it looks that there are no direction from the court, apart the hearing in April, however I wanted to ask 2more questions, hope it's ok.
1) In DQ I indicated that I sent "some" statements to defendant already, which is true, I attached 2 statements to my claim form and I believe defendant received one copy of the documents, he however wants me to send him my statements again. I don't mind sending him 2 statements which I have already attached but do I need to sent all statements which I would like to use?
The question in DQ was: have you sent "any" statements yet. that's why I answered "yes"2) My partner is 2nd claimant but doesn't speak English very well, can I represent him during the hearing (on the request of course) - if yes, are there any court forms to request it?Thank you so much for any advise.