Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am leaving with my partner and she don't want me to apply

I am leaving with my partner and she don't want me to apply for citizenship. how can I do this without her support I have been here more than 5 years. please albert
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, you don't need the support of your partner in order to apply for citizenship. One year after obtaining Indefinite Leave to REmain, you can apply for citizenship on your own. An application for citizenship is not like your previous application for a visa.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. When you were applying for a visa, you needed your partner's support. However, once you have lived five years in the UK and have Indefinite Leave to Remain, you have a free-standing right, which you can exercise yourself, to acquire UK citizenship. So just go ahead and apply