Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner has taken my son to hastings without my consent

Customer Question

my ex partner has taken my son to hastings without my consent He has parentaa responsbilty so the police could not have stopped him he wants him to stay and change schools but I don't want him to I I no a child care arrangement but no one is there over the holiday
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
As you do not consent to this move, you will need to urgently apply to court for a prohibited steps order to prevent a change of school and or a specific issue order for the child to remain in your area.
This application can be done under form C100, together with a £215 court fee - both orders can be applied for on the same form and only one fee is needed. Your local family court should be open tomorrow and you can attend in person yourself and ask for an urgent without notice hearing which can be considered tomorrow. You do not need a solicitor to do this and can represent yourself given that most firms will be closed for the holiday period.
If the orders are granted, your son will be returned to your area whilst the proceedings take place so that a judge can consider if it is in your sons interests to move or not.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes an internal relocation can still be prevented. If you are his main carer you can also make an application for a child arrangement order for him to live with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if I'm the main carrer I can go as for urgent order without mediation what do I put on the child arrangements form
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
On the C100 form, page 15 - you need to tick urgency and choose one of the urgent criteria on page 17 (section 13c) to bypass the mediation requirement