75100385

I had a minor car incident in June 2015. A motorist hit my

I had a minor car incident in June 2015. A motorist hit my vehicle causing nothing more than a scratch. We exchanged details at the time and heard nothing more about. I made no claim myself as it was a minor scratch. However on 24th December this year I received a letter from the other motorists solicitor claiming that I had caused the accident and that I owe them over £1200, or face the prospect of court. I had changed insurance company on 9th December 2015. Their letter did state that a copy had been sent to my insurance company. Now would my insurance company at the time of the incident still have to investigate and settle on my behalf. Many thanks - its been a worrying xmas...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will hep you with this.
If you are asking whether the company you were insured with in June 2015 would be responsible to cover the accident, that would be yes. That is because they covered you at the time of the accident itself.