31090051

There. I am the oldest son of a scottish travelling family

Hi there. I am the oldest son of a scottish travelling family whose mother has just died. Under our traditions, the sons of the decreased are the people who arrange the funeral. My oldest sister and her husband have now contacted me to tell me that they are going to deal with the arrangements. Is there anything I can do to stop this and take control of the arrangements as my mother wished?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Under the law of Scotland the executor is the person entitled to arrange the funeral. If there is a will the executor will be named in the will. If there is no will any child is entitled to go to the court and have him or herself appointed as executor. If no one applies any child or close relative can instruct the funeral undertaker.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.