12826847

The Claimant in a boundary dispute about "the height and where

Customer Question

The Claimant in a boundary dispute about "the height and where a fence should be re-positioned", turned into a Court Case by Claimant because he would not be reasonable to discuss that crucial question. Instead he replied "non negotiable" and would not speak to us but through his workforce who twisted and distorted matters considerably. We wrote to the Judge in the Court prior to pre-hearing about a very rich man's esculating Court Costs with docs which were irrelevant to attempt to discredit us and failed to date and by comparison us being quite poor retired people. We explained to the Court how we wanted to settle and had already agreed moving our fence and were more than prepared to GIVE the Claimant some of our land that was woodland. The Claimant has now, after several wasted months of increasing costs, sensibly requested we settle out of Court, but has said we must pay 60% of his Costs? We had previously attempted to negotiate and settle but his Solicitors would not and he said he was not aware of that request? He is a Developer and we are being inconvenienced by daily deliveries & workforce working on the land right next to our home and the dust and noise is atrocious and my wife's asthma has been made worse. We believe we could have claimed some compensation for inconvenience and that he should accept that we both walk away to pay our own costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not got my email address which is***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
To be clear there is an order for costs against you? What is it you would like to know?