12826847

I am partially disabled with a blue badge. At work I use the

Customer Question

I am partially disabled with a blue badge. At work I use the handicapped lift to get to my first floor workstation. I live in a third floor flat with a lift. If necessary I can evacuate down the stairs but repeated use of the stairs (more than twice) of the stairs inflames my neurological and rheumatoid arthritis problems to the point of cramps, severe pain and increased risk causing other otherwise medically controlled epileptic seizures.
On December 9th, the lift in the building broke down and I had to move to a hotel so that I could continue to go to work. I have asked my landlord for compensation but he said he wasn't responsible for my health and any complaints I had should be directed to the property management company that is responsible for the lift. For their part, the property management company said that my complaints are with the landlord. At one point they point a sign on the lift saying repairs would take two to three weeks and detailed a complaint process ending with an ombudsman. However they now say only the landlord can file a complaint or contact the ombudsman. It has now been three weeks and they say they must for their insurer to authourise them to fix the lift and they aren't sure when this might occur. I am not sure exactly what my contract says, it is in the flat, however when they rent these flats they clearly mention the lift as one of the features.
Do I have legal recourse? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Bill Keenan ***@******.*** 01480 847 165
It
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bill my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What loss have you suffered please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my order. No satisfaction.Bill
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Bill I just need more information first before I can tell you the legal answer.
What loss have you suffered?