12826847

I recently applied permission in our village. Allegedly

Customer Question

I recently applied for planning permission in our village.
Allegedly four people received threatening letters from me saying that I did not get my own way they would be sorry because I would sell to a developer.
I had no knowledge of this letter and totally deny any knowledge of it being sent.
It was then used to drum up a great deal of animosity towards myself and my family.
I have contacted one of the residents concerned, however their letter seems to have been misplaced.
I am Chairman of the parish council and would like to know what legal term is used for a third party send letters which are allegedly from myself
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why do you think a third party would do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My family have lived in the village for four generations.
The person who I believe started this was angry that I was elected Chairman as he was already on the Parish Council.
He is a very jealous person, and has recently split from his partner and is soon to leave the village.
The development was for my sister to move back to the village after her husband has been in the army for 34 years.
I need her help to look after my elderly parents.
The four supporters who alledgedly received my letter are all buddies of his
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK
But why would a person want to do this specifically?
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Can you talk tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo C,
I'm sorry I thought that you had my number. It is 07876 228787.
I'm free right now 09:37. My problem is that I work in a shop and will have to go back to the shop floor shortly.
I'll hang around for a few minutes now, can you leave me a message and I'll make sure that I am on my laptop at a certain time.
Apart from that I will be home by 16:15 but my mobile does not work there. The land line is 01507 608462
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll fill you in a little more, whilst I'm sat here.
We have another Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 6th Jan. My plan is to make a public declaration during the Open Public Forum that I had nothing to do with these letters and ask anybody who allegedly received them to let me have a copy so that I can take legal advice/action.
I really do not have any idea why these people have such a grudge against myself and my family, but I am not prepared to let this go as I don't think they will stop there.
This probably sounds really corny, but we are a really nice family, as I said forth generation.
A recent development was granted in the village last year which has very much upset these residents. They do have a point as it has spoilt their view, but I seem to be taking the flack for another persons behaviour.
I really just want to know what the legal term is for sending a threatening letter in someone elses name. Is it liable or fraud or what? I can then mention in my declaration under what heading I am going to the police.
this has taken a great toll on me and I just want to draw a line under the whole thing.
My family has huge support from the majority of the village, about 90 properties.
I must go back to work now, but will keep my mobile with me, and escape to talk if possible.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have just go online.
Just respond when you can talk and I'll call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo,
In the office for a few moments if you are free!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have to go back to the shop floor, cannot wait any longer.
Please contact me on my home number 01507 608462 after 16:30
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Trying now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I left a message for you.
Are you home tonight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jo,
We do seem to keep missing each other.
I will be at home all day tomorrow, short of walking dogs etc 01507 608462, Then back on my mobile on Monday 07876 228787. I am away working on Tuesday and then the meeting is on Wednesday evening.
Please can you an idea of when you may be likely to ring so that I can make sure that I am either near the landline at home, or a have a signal for my mobile.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
I can do lunchtime ish tomorrow?
Or I can give you a call now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo,
I am at home now and will wait for you to call.
I'll give you the landline number again, just to be on the safe side.
01507 608462
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
|Trying now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your call yesterday.
I feel much better about the situation now.
I'll let you have a copy of my declaration as soon as the meeting is over and let you know the outcome.
Warm Regards
Pip Molloy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon Jo,
Had the meeting last night and made my declaration.
All went well until another Parish Councillor tried to jump on my bandwaggon and said some people had been horrid to him too!
Then it turned into a bit of a free for all between he and the gang of four.
I'm really happy that I spoke up and thank you for your help.
I don't know if this will be a total end to it, but I think that they may think twice in the future. The joys of village life!
Thank you again
Pip
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Glad it worked out.
Always best to challenge allegations.