75100385

I am a transporter of dogs between Southern Ireland and U.K.

Customer Question

I am a transporter of dogs between Southern Ireland and U.K. and also from Ireland to Europe. My business has been established for nearly 33 years. I am also fully licensed and have vehicle approval for my work.
One year ago it was decided between government bodies Ireland/UK that the situations with regard to free movement between the countries was to change. i.e. Pet passports must be used. after people accepted this change it was stated that movements from Ireland to the UK had to be documented using the 'Traces System'.
Since then my business between these countries has dropped off because of the lack of checks when travelling from Southern Ireland to UK. There are now more transporters on the road operating without completing the documentation and without proper vehicles for the work. No-one seems to want to enforce the regulations. When any new regulations are put in to operation it is only against the people trying to do the job correctly and not to enforce these new 'rules'.
My main question is, 'Do I keep doing this legally or join the cowboys'. If legally, my business between Southern Ireland and UK will collapse totally!.
I would love to discuss this matter fully but no one wants to know.
Ian Waterworth
Greyhound Transport
07831 523369 ***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
So the government should be enforcing the rules but they are not - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer to your question:-
That is correct. I have spoken to DEFRA and AHPA and they know about it, but do nothing about it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can speak on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My home number is:-
01706 846437
07831 523369 (cell)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will call shortly
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
https://www.leighday.co.uk/LeighDay/media/LeighDay/documents/JR-Quicky-and-Easy-Guide.pdf
https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/administrative-court/applying-for-judicial-review.pdf