75100385

I have a tenant in my property who has not paid his rent and

Customer Question

I have a tenant in my property who has not paid his rent and owing over £4000 upto this month and I have issued a notice section 21 to expired on 16th January 2016.
I would like to know what steps should take to make sure that he does not run off without paying his outstanding rent.
I would appreciate a urgent call to discuss the options on protecting my rent.
Mrs N Aziz ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume you will be issuing proceedings for possession once the notice expires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you in UK london and would be able give me answers
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am in Birmingham and yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer to write my questionsthanks for the offer, I have issued a notice requiring possession as well as I was advice
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If the tenant does not leave then you can seek a possession order from the Court which includes Judgment for the arrears.
You can do this online at: https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/
If the tenant leaves and you dont need a possession order then you can just go ahead and issue a claim for arrears but you would need an address for service of Court papers. You can issue online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid by my debit card £38 does this not include the cost of advice or a phone call cost
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct, a phone call is additional service.
Can you see the written response to my question above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I dont have another address for the tenant than what can I do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can get a paper judgment. But unless you know where he has gone to there is very little you can do. Court papers must be served.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we serve the papers now to him before his tenancy ends
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes for money claim arrears.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/