29905560

My son has received a police caution of a minute

My son has received a police caution for possession of a minute amount of class a drugs how should he fill in his esta form to enter the USA?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Was he arrested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. But only cautioned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was released without charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We would appreciate an immediate answer
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The ESTA application asks the following question: Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs? He would have to answer in the affirmative to this question. He may not have been formally convicted but he has violated drugs laws and a caution is still a way of dealing with an offence so the correct way would be to answer YES. This is the only relevant question on the form applicable to his criminal situation. It may make him ineligible for visa-free travel but he will find out once he has fully completed the application process. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you