29905560

My son took out a loan friend and he is now refusing

My son took out a loan for a friend and he is now refusing to make any more payments leaving my son out of pocket by £6,000. We have texts and bank statements proving he owes this money.
If we take him to the small claims court, what are our chances of success?
Is there a minimum payment which the courts can enforce?
He lives at his girl friends parents house, if he received a ccj would that affect the credit rating for anyone at that address?
Many Thanks
Graeme Cupit
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When was the loan given?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
April 2012
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben.....anymore info required ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you were to go to court, then it is difficult to say what your chances of success are as there will always be an inherent risk. No one can predict the outcome of a court claim. However, if the loan was taken out for him and there is evidence to prove that this was the case and that payments are still outstanding, I see no reason why you could not be successful. There is no minimum payment which the court needs to enforce the judgment so you will be fine with the full amount, or any other amount you wish to pursue. If a CCJ is taken out against that person’s name, it would not affect anyone else at their address. It used to be the case that people at one address all shared a credit history but this has not been the case for many years and now each individual has its own credit history so only the debtor will be affected by the CCJ. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Ben, that's all fine
Thanks very much for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome, all the best